Friday, January 16, 2009

January 16, 2009

I am starting a new journey to try to lose weight and get healthier. I have been very blessed with good health throughout my life. I have allowed the pounds to accumulate over the past 17 years, and I really want to shed them and keep them off. I weighed myself Monday or Tuesday this week (the 12th or 13th), and I weighed 239.7 lbs. ... the most I have ever weighed! I started exercising on my elliptical machine Tuesday. I did 20 minutes and 20 minutes Wednesday. Yesterday, I did an hour in 2 30 minute sessions. Today, I have done two 30 minute sessions, which totalled 590 calories burned and 1.5 miles. I am increasing intensity, and therefore burning more calories. I love my elliptical machine ... it is great to not have to worry about the weather or how I am dressed in order to exercise.
I know that willpower is NOT the key to weight loss. I know I must program my life and my surroundings for success. I also know that I must do things that I can sustain over the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment